Exploring Collaborations in the Data SciencesAs part of the UC Davis Data Sciences Initiative, there will be a special Data Science Symposium held at the Genome Center on December 3rd. This Symposium is a partnership between UC Davis and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and was organized by the Data Sciences Initiative and the Office of Research at UC Davis. The full agenda, featuring talks from Genome Center members Patrice Koehl and Ilias Tagkopoulos, is included below.
LocationRoom 1005, GBSF Auditorium (directions).
- 3:00 â 3:05 pm:Â Introduction â Duncan Temple Lang (UC Davis)
- 3:05 â 3:25 pm:Â Data Science at UC Davis â Patrice Koehl (UC Davis)
- 3:25 â 3:45 pm:Â Data Science at LLNL â Jim Brase (LLNL)
- 3:45 â 4:00 pm: Data-driven humanities â Carl Stahmer (UC Davis)
- 4:00 â 4:15 pm: Metagenomic search using new data-intensive computing tools â Jonathan Allen (LLNL)
- 4:15 â 4:30 pm:Â Big data on small organisms: from whole-cell models to clinical decision support systems â Ilias Tagkopoulos (UC Davis)
- 4:30 â 4:45 pm:Â Deep learning on image and video data â Barry Chen (LLNL)
- 4:45 â 5:00 pm:Â BREAK
- 5:00 â 6:00 pm:Â Reception & poster session in GBSF lobby