When: August 30 -September 10, 2021
email: Jeannette Martins email@example.com
The course is completely redesigned for an online format and will also be recorded for the participants to view at a later time. All software training has transitioned to a virtual machine environment so training can be done from any location. Virtual machines are hosted by Amazon Web Services and can be accessed using either a PC or a Mac computer. To guarantee the same hands-on quality that you would experience in our face-to-face course, every unit is taught using interactive tools such as polling, using the annotation tool, utilizing non-verbal feedback, live questions, chat, and group work in breakout rooms.
The course will include:
- study design, including pitfall analysis and hidden biases in studies from microbial, plant, mouse and human cohort research
- sample preparation and quality control
- in-laboratory detailed discussions standard operating procedures for GC-MS and LC-MS data acquisitions
- targeted metabolomics, including monitoring charts and use of isotope labeled internal standards
- exercises on flux analysis in cancer cells by isotope tracer analysis
- untargeted data processing and exercises on MS-DIAL software
- exercises on identification of unknowns by cheminformatics software workflows (incl MS-FINDER, CFM-ID, and various databases and small software routines)
- data normalization and transformation with and without internal standards and quality controls
- multivariate and univariate statistics
- pathway mapping
Requests for refunds will be honored when received 2 month prior to the program. Refund requests can be only accepted in a written form. However, another person may be substituted at any time for this program, unless it requires issuing a new travel visa for international scholars.A $150 administrative fee and the credit card fee will be deducted for cancellations. In the unlikely event that this program is cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, the WCMC will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.