When: August 24 - September 4, 2020
Where: UC Davis Alumni Center
Please contact Jeannette Martins: firstname.lastname@example.org; +1-530-754-5357
The course will include:
- study design, including pitfall analysis and hidden biases in studies from microbial, plant, mouse and human cohort research
- sample preparation and quality control
- in-laboratory detailed discussions standard operating procedures for GC-MS and LC-MS data acquisitions
- targeted metabolomics, including monitoring charts and use of isotope labeled internal standards
- exercises on flux analysis in cancer cells by isotope tracer analysis
- untargeted data processing and exercises on MS-DIAL software (in comparison to XCMS)
- exercises on identification of unknowns by cheminformatics software workflows (incl MS-FINDER, CFM-ID, and various databases and small software routines)
- data normalization and transformation with and without internal standards and quality controls
- multivariate and univariate statistics (incl MetDA in comparison to MetaboAnalyst)
- pathway mapping (including MetaBox consisting of MetDA, ChemRICH and MetaMapp in comparison to MetaboAnalyst
The course fees are $ 5,000 per participant to cover expenses for instructors, organization, materials and meals.
Requests for refunds will be honored when received 2 month prior to the program. Refund requests can be only accepted in a written form. However, another person may be substituted at any time for this program, unless it requires issuing a new travel visa for international scholars.A $150 administrative fee and the credit card fee will be deducted for cancellations. In the unlikely event that this program is cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, the WCMC will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.