When: March 23-27, 2020
Where: UC Davis Alumni Center
Contact: Jeannette Martins email@example.com; +1-530-754-5357
This course will feature hands-on training with real-world metabolomics data covering LC/MS compound identification, data processing, statistical analysis, network mapping and data interpretation.
We will instruct using a variety of software, workflows, and algorithms but also give theoretical background information and overviews. We will focus on utilizing open source software and only refer to commercial or vendor software when necessary.
All participants will be trained on laptops that were specifically purchased for course training, with all software already installed and data available to use.
The course will include:
- untargeted data processing and exercises on MS-DIAL software (in comparison to XCMS)
- exercises on identification of unknowns by cheminformatics software workflows (incl MS-FINDER, CFM-ID, and various databases and small software routines)
- data normalization and transformation with and without internal standards and quality controls
- multivariate and univariate statistics (incl MetDA in comparison to MetaboAnalyst)
- pathway mapping (incl MetaBox consisting of MetDA, ChemRICH and MetaMapp in comparison to MetaboAnalyst)
The course fees are $ 2,500 per participant to cover expenses for instructors, organization, materials, and meals.
Requests for refunds will be honored when received 2 month prior to the program. Refund requests can be only accepted in a written form. However, another person may be substituted at any time for this program, unless it requires issuing a new travel visa for international scholars. A $150 administrative fee and the credit card fee will be deducted for cancellations. In the unlikely event that this program is cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, the WCMC will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.