Established in 2003 the UC Davis Genome Center uses state-of-art-technologies to understand how the heritable genetic information of diverse organisms function in health and disease
Genomic studies are revolutionizing biology and the Genone Center is at the forefront of this revolution. We are home to an internationally renowned faculty whose research interests exploit cutting-edge technologies for generating and interpreting vast amounts of data at all levels, from genes to entire organisms and populations. Innovative experimental science interfaces with the latest in computer capabilities to generate advances in basic biology, agriculture, human and veterinary medicine, biomedical engineering and computer science.
The diversity of organisms studied at UC Davis is one of its biggest strengths. The Genome Center bolsters this strength by providing genomics technologies on an at-cost, as-needed basis to all Davis faculty through its service cores that specialize in DNA analysis, gene expression, proteomics, metabolomics, and bioinformatics. Through collaborations and access to the enabling technology cores, the Genome Center serves the basic and translational research needs of all UC Davis faculty whose studies encompass human and animal diseases, food and biofuel crops, biodiversity and environmental health, as well as hitherto little-studied or unknown organisms.
These discoveries provide the raw information that is being translated into advances in medicine, agriculture and the sustainability of our global society.
Find out more about the Genome Center
- Director’s Message — a message from Richard Michelmore
- Core Facilities — details of the various service cores that we operate
- Recruitment — employment opportunities at the Genome Center
- Ph.D Programs — information for prospective graduate students
- Media resources — images, logos, and wordmarks for use in posters, presentations, and news items
- Genome Center Committees — personnel listings for the various Genome Center committees that provide oversight
- Genome Center Membership — find out to how join the Genome Center